I don't always love to cook, but baking...baking is my specialty! I could bake cookies every single day if I could. They are my absolute weakness. I can turn down a lot of things, but cookies is not one of those things.
Since I love cookies of course I only bake the best of recipes! So I thought I would share my most favorite and secret chocolate chip cookie recipe. I promise you will only make these once you try them. Every time I make them people ask for the recipe.
So my secret is out! Here is the worlds best chocolate chip cookie recipe:
- 3/4 cups unsalted butter, softened (1 1/2 sticks)
- 3/4 cups light brown sugar
- 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- one 3.5 ounce packet of vanilla pudding mix (not sugar free or cook & serve)
- 1 bag of chocolate chips (I use Guittard milk chocolate chips! They are the best to use & giant.)
1. In a mixing bowl (kitchen aid, hand mixer, etc...) combine the butter, sugar, egg and vanilla. Beat together on medium-high until well blended.
2. Stop mixing, to scrape down the sides, then add the flour, pudding mix, baking soda and beat on low (while mixing ingredients and...) until it is well mixed together.
3. Stop, crape down the sides again, and add in the chocolate chips. Save a small handful to add to the top of the cookies for garnish. Mix on low for about 30 seconds.
4. After it is mixed thoroughly together, and to your satisfaction, place the dough in the fridge for 2 hours. (If you don't have enough time or don't like to wait, like me...then place the dough in the freezer for 30 minutes to an hour.)
5. Remove the dough from the fridge/freezer and scoop the dough and roll in to a ball and place in rows on cookie sheet. Place a couple chocolate chips on top of the cookie dough balls as wanted. It will give the "perfectly placed" effect.
I love to use the silicone cookie scoops! It makes it super easy to remove and use. I got mine from Bed Bath & Beyond, but this one is super similar! (optional step: roll the dough into balls and then place into the fridge. I refrigerate my dough first because it doesn't seem to be as 'sticky' when I roll the dough.)
6. Preheat oven to 350° (F). Place cookie sheets into the oven and bake for 11 minutes. (may need to bake for a couple minutes more, but do not over bake. Keep in mind the cookies continue to bake on the cookie sheet once removed from the oven.)
Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool for 10 minutes afterwards. This is key in getting the "perfect cookie" look. It lets them settle and they look amazing!
After 10 minutes place cookies on a cooling rack or plate to eat! (Right away!)
This is my absolute favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe and I hope you love it just as much as I do!
*if you have any questions regarding this recipe feel free to contact me!