Things you will need:
-Rustoleum metallic gold spray paint
-My Overlay panels (I got the khloe overlay panels)
-Knobs to replace the Ikea knobs (optional)
The Overlay panels come in white. I got the Khloe Overlays and decided to spray paint them gold. I heard really good things about the Rustoleum metallic gold spray paint so I decided to go with that and absolutely loved how it turned out. You might want to get 2 cans just incase. We spray painted a few other bits of furniture so I can't be exact about how many you will need. (We went through about 6 cans haha).
After the panels are dry (which they dry fairly quickly) It is time to glue them on! When I received the panels in the mail it came with instructions on how to apply them. (HERE) They recommended using the Liquid Nails 100% silicon adhesive LN-207. I picked mine up at The Home Depot, but they carry it at most stores (Walmart, Target, Lowes, Home Depot...).
I got the panels from My O'verlays and the great thing about them is they have SO many different panels. They even have a bunch of panels pre made for a lot of the Ikea furniture; wth so many options! If you don't have any Ikea furniture you need overlayed they also take custom orders. You can even get them mirrored, which looks amazing! I really liked the Khloe kit, so that is what we went with, but they do have so many other designs.
I also really wanted to give my dresser a classier look by changing the knobs on it as well. I purchased mine at Hobby Lobby. I found the similar ones at Anthropologie and World Market, but I would suggest checking Hobby Lobby because they are cheaper and they are usually having a sale. (Mine were 50% off!)
Before I glued the panels on I put all the knobs on to make sure I centered the panels. The glue also says it has a set up time of 6 hours, but the stick and you shouldn't have to worry about them falling off at all.
To glue them on I traced a thin line of glue all along the back of the panel (it was a bit tedious but I figured it would be worth it because I really want them to stay on.) I centered them and then pressed down all over it to make sure it was on there good. (If you accidentally get the glue on any parts of the dresser, just clean it with a tissue.)
Now I just can't wait to style the top! Once it is done I will do an updated dresser post.